How to choose a magazine subscription for a teens
To choose a magazine subscription for a teens can be a very difficult proposition in this day and age of information explosion when there are probably more teen magazines on the net and on stands than there are people reading them. Even considering the fact that today's teen is better informed than most adults, you still need to instill in them the habit of reading so that it becomes a life long routine. It is going to be mind boggling to make the correct choice but here are a few handy tips to guide you.
A few suggestions
- First and foremost, take into account the age of the teenager as well as the gender. This will help you choose the subscription that you want to gift. A good way to begin would be to start the young person on either 'Seventeen' or 'Teen'.
- Find out what the teen is interested in. If you discover that his/ her leisure pursuit includes nature, a subscription to 'The National Geographic' should be the natural choice.
- Another excellent magazine that has lost its popularity to new entrants is 'The Reader's Digest'. Even though it is over 50 years old, the magazine still maintains its original flavor of capturing the essence of life and the living. Gifting your teen an year's subscription of this magazine could well be the turning point of his/ her life.
- A teen who is confident and seems to be well adjusted in school, at home as well as socially would love the help that a magazine like 'Positive Teens" can give him/ her.
- Young teenage girls would enjoy reading 'Twist', 'YM' or 'Jump' and it would be best to gift a sports enthusiast a subscription of 'Sports Illustrated' or 'ESPN'. Similarly, music lovers would be excited about 'Rolling Stone' or 'Guitar'.
Remember, teens are already little adults with clear likes and preferences and your gift would be most appreciated if it is in keeping with their interests.
Don't try to force your likes and hobbies on the teens. Let them make their own choice according to what they want to do.
Book lovers gifts are gifts for people who love to read. These types of gifts are for the casual reader and the avid reader. Indeed, most everybody likes to read something even if it is just a particular magazine. There are many kinds of books and magazines to pick from that can be purchased at holiday time or any other special occasion such as a birthday. If people are not certain about which kind of book to purchase then, it is advisable to buy gift certificates at book stores. However, if people wish to purchase a specific type of book than they will need to know what types of books and magazines there are to choose from.
Today, there are even audio books for people who have poor vision so it is hard for them to read books and magazines. Audio books can be listened to at home, at the office, or in the car.
Types of books
Here is a list of some of books and magazines types that people can pick from:
- Romance novels, such as those written by Jackie Collins and Danielle Steel
- Mysteries such as those written by Agatha Christie and T. Jefferson Parker
- Children's Books Such as Super Fudge, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and the Harry Potter series
- Horror, such as those written by Steven King
- 'How to' Books, such as cake decorating books
- Cookbooks, such as those written by Julia Child, Ted Allen, Paula Dean, and Rachael Ray