The Best Women's Christmas Gifts
You might have given many Christmas gifts to your mother, wife, and other female relatives over the years. You will never want this yearís gift to be a repetition of what you have already given them. Nor will you want it to be something that does not suit their aptitude and need, or does not fit in with the modern trend. Fortunately, with changing times, gift ideas are evolving and accordingly your gift choices are widening.
Christmas Gift Certificates
Pedicure, manicure, facial, and spa treatments are things that women routinely indulge in. So you can give your female relative a gift certificate to a beauty parlor or spa. Remember to buy it from a good spa or salon which is popular for its services. If it is a bit far away, make sure that you drive her there. And if what the recipient needs is someone to babysit her child while she makes use of the certificate, be ready to do that. Even if your friend is a rare female who manages her own beauty regimen without the help of a beauty parlor, you can give her a beauty salon gift certificate and get her introduced to one.
Christmas Night Out
Take her out to a good restaurant, thus gifting her your time as well as money. Or if she has got ample company to dine out, pay for both her and her companion. Or buy her a ticket for a concert or drama or puppet show, whichever she fancies. In every case, you should either accompany her to the program or pay for whoever accompanies her.
Personalized Christmas Gifts
Personalizing a gift, and thus making it separately identifiable from similar things, is a wonderful way of conveying your affection. A blanket on which her initials are sewed on, a cushion cover with a poem embroidered on it, a table lamp with a message engraved, or a T-shirt on which a photograph is hot-pressed, will all be fine choices. Most gift shops have personalization options. If you prefer something more elaborate, there are tailoring shops and artists who will do it for you.
Clothing, Jewelry and Accessories
Clothes, accessories, and jewels are not fancy items but necessities for a woman. If you are aware of something that your sister or wife has an eye on, you can definitely buy it as a Christmas present. Or else, give her a dress or shoes or a piece of jewelry that is the current yearís fashion. When something is the latest in fashion, she is unlikely to have a similar one.
How to Select a Gift for Your Wife
Choosing a Gift for Your Wife can be quite stressful since you want to buy something that she needs but feel that it should also portray the love that you have for her. The truth of the matter is that even after spending many years with her she can still surprise you and you are still not sure of what her likes and dislikes are. The essence lies in getting her something that is romantic and impractical, because the essentials in the house she can go and buy herself. The cost of the gift is immaterial as long as it is a gift that shows you care. Here are some tips to keep in mind when buying a gift for your better half.
A few suggestions
- First thing to do before buying the gift is to gauge what your wife would like for a gift. If you know what she wants and is interested in your quest becomes easier.
- If you feel a little unsure of yourself, there is no harm in asking her but keep this option as the last resort. Wives expect you to know what they want and like a little mystery and enjoy surprises, especially if husbands are at the giving end.
- Give her something that you both would enjoy doing together like tickets to a concert or a romantic getaway for a weekend.
- A romantic gift is always a winner so opt for long stemmed red roses in a crystal vase or a sexy lingerie over a set of dining table mats, however exquisite.
- You can never go wrong with a gift basket full of her favorite perfume, bath oil, lotion, body powder toiletries and other beauty products.
- Gift wrap the present attractively, she will really appreciate the thoughtfulness and the extra effort of a gift wrapped and tied with a ribbon or a bow
- Do not buy a practical gift. However much you think your wife needs a new mixer grinder, do not let your good sense get the better of you.
- Donít get her a gift certificate unless and until you are sure that that is what she wants and then too make sure it is of her favorite clothing store.