How to purchase a scarf for a gift
To purchase a scarf for a gift is an excellent idea because almost all of us can do with an extra scarf and one can never possess too many of these dainty squares of neck cloth. Scarves have been in fashion for a very long time but they were never as important as they are now. To keep the followers of fashion on their toes they undergo a change every few months - from styles to colors to designs. If you are planning to gift a scarf to someone here are some points that you need to keep in mind while buying it.
A few suggestions
- Read fashion journals, go through latest movie magazines and follow the fashion on the net to check out what the latest styles of scarves the happening crowd is wearing. Watching movies and the newest television shows will also help you in making up your mind as to what you should buy.
- If the scarf needs to serve a utilitarian function then you should buy either a woolen or a cashmere scarf which is all natural and feels good around the neck. Avoid synthetic materials as far as possible.
- Visit a sports store if you need to buy a standard scarf for every day wear. In case you want to gift a fashion item in silk or designer wear then you would need to visit a exclusive garment store.
- If you are buying an outlandish color, ensure that it is one that the recipient wears. If you cannot make sure then buy a safe color like black, grey or brown which can be mixed and matched with almost any dress.
Compare prices online with prices in traditional stores to get a low down on the competition.
You may like to add a pair of matching gloves to make the ensemble complete.
Don't buy a color if you are not sure if the recipient will wear it.
Don't buy anything in wool for a person who is allergic to animal fiber.
How to purchase golf clothes as a gift
To purchase golf clothes as a gift for someone who plays the game is an excellent idea, especially since it is very important in golf to wear the correct clothes depending upon the season. Of course it is much more difficult to shop for golf clothes for other people but if you have their right size and know their taste in colors then the process should become fairly easy. Gifting golf clothes is considered a particularly thoughtful and a considerate gesture because it is very necessary to wear clothes that are comfortable and relaxing while playing the game. Here are some pointers on how to give golf clothes as a gift to someone.
A few suggestions
- First and foremost, find out a few details about the person to whom you will gift the clothes to. You need to know their size, their choice in clothes, colors that they prefer to wear and also their dressing style.
- Since it is very necessary to be comfortably dressed while playing golf, find out the weather conditions under which the recipient is most likely to play the game. Will he/ she generally use it during wet, cold, dry or hot weather and only then make your final decision.
- You should always begin with the shoes and end with the hat i.e. start your purchases from the bottom up. If you are having problems in choosing the correct attire do not hesitate in asking the shop assistants for help.
- Preferably buy collared shirts because these are the standard requirements for most courses, of course if the recipient is a well known professional then he/ she may have an individual style which will be accepted.
Check the store's return policy in case the recipient wants to exchange some product.
Do not buy heavy clothing since they can restrict the movement and hence the swing of the arm.