Gift Ideas for your coworker:Chocolate boxesCandiesCakes and cookiesWine bottlesBeer bottlesChristmas gift basketsMagazine subscriptionsample
How to get a Christmas gift for your assistant at office
To get a Christmas gift for your assistant at office is an appropriate way of letting him/ her know that you care and appreciate. It is possible to remain impersonal with your secretary and still show how much you value their worth by getting them a present. Here are some ideas about what to give your subordinate for Christmas.
A few suggestions
- First and foremost, set a budget for the gift. Take care not too spend too much on the gift or you might end up embarrassing your assistant.
- Second, try and find out what your assistant's likes and interests are and get them something in that line. Christmas gift certificates are considered an ideal gift for an assistant. He/ she would be able to select the gift appropriately if you give them a gift certificate of a favorite book or a music store.
- Stay away from buying anything that is intimate. Lingerie, jewelry, perfume, clothes etc are an absolute no-no.
- Another ideal gift for an assistant is a Christmas gift basket. For example, if you offer a chocolate gift basket then it should be filled with chocolate candies, cakes or cookies.
- A popular general gift is to give an electronic gadget or a coupon from a popular restaurant for a dinner for two or even a day at the spa.
Include a card with your gift telling the assistant how much you appreciate their presence and help.
Do not give gifts that have anything to do with the job that the assistant is holding like a Dictaphone or a new printer etc.
Christmas Gift Ideas for a Boss
It is a bit of a sensitive relationship that a person will have with his boss. A boss is someone with whom you have to deal honestly and forthrightly, though quite cautiously. A gift that you give him or her can be something that can cement your bond and reduce the awkwardness, if any. It should be a useful object, but also something that will lighten his mood.
Customized Coffee Mug
Your boss will be able to use a good coffee mug either at home or at office. So give him one with the office logo if any, or just his name or initials, or with some cryptic message that is an office joke. Since you will be knowing the predilections of your boss well, customize the mug to fit in with his ideas.
French Coffee Press
Provided your boss is a coffee-lover, a coffee press, or French press as it
is commonly known, will be a good Christmas gift idea. It is a portable device
for brewing coffee. Coarsely ground coffee is mixed with hot water inside the
coffee jar, and then pressed to strain the coffee by removing the coarse granules.
Those who want their coffee strong can use larger quantities of ground coffee.
A coffee press will be available in all larger retail stores.
Executive Desk Toys
Toys are nowadays not just for children. There are squeeze toys like stress ball, gold slinky etc, motion toys like ferris wheel that goes round with solar power, the executive sand writer that creates images in the sand, and other puzzles and games that find pride of place on an executive table. Any of these will make an apt gift for your boss since many executives rely on this for relieving stress and relaxing.
If your boss does not already have a hands-free headset, you can make it your birthday gift or Christmas gift to him, whichever comes first. With a hands-free headset, he can go on giving inputs into the computer even while carrying on the telephone conversation. There are Bluetooth over-ear headset, noise-cancelling headset, audio headset, and many other combinations. The prices of these vary over a wide spectrum, and you will have to choose the right one based upon your bossís need and your budget.
Christmas Gift Basket
Retail stores display a variety of gourmet gift baskets during festival seasons. You can buy any one of these for your boss. Or you can design one of your own filled with homemade goodies, or a combination of store-bought things and homemade stuff. You can design a beverage gift basket with packets of coffee, tea, cocoa, juices, and canned things, all of which your boss may be able to use at the office. Or you can design a party-themed basket filled with sweet treats like candies and cookies and chocolates and brownies.