Gift Ideas for your Dad:Race Car TrialTheater ticketsBooks related to the subject they like to readAnnual subscription to their favorite magazineDigital camera or video camcorderSport or celebrity memorabiliaGarden stuff
How to Select a Gift for Your Dad
To Select a Gift for Your Dad, your very special man, is not as easy as you think because dads can be very choosy when it comes to accepting gifts. You think you know them so buying a gift for them seems deceptively easy but dads are fussy and like their gifts just so specially from the people they care most about, unless and until it is something that you have made yourself. Then they are proud of your gift and consider it perfect. So you know that with dads the cost of the gift is immaterial, it is the thought and the love – the magic ingredients that go into making the perfect recipe for a perfect gift.
A few suggestions
- Before actually buying the gift it is better to find out what your father is really interested in, in a gift. Is it books, sports item, music or something else altogether. If you know exactly what he wants, then your task becomes that much easier.
- Another cool gift to get for dad is to hire a gardener or a landscape artist to help him in his garden and shape his yard for him for as long as you can afford.
- You father would be thrilled if you give him a gift basket full of his favorite foods, wines or even toiletries.
- Gift him something that you both would enjoy doing together like paying for taking a local fishing trip, playing a round of golf or tickets of some activity that he likes.
- A really thoughtful gift would be to present him with your family tree to as far back as you can trace it or if you cannot manage that then a collage or a family album of old photos organized in order comes a good second.
- Make something for him with your own hands, anything. Bake a cake, knit a sweater, build a bird house or paint him a picture – he will be thrilled to bits.
Gift wrap the present attractively. Even grown ups and old people like the excitement of tearing the wrapping paper open to take out the gift.
Don’t buy a gift if you are unsure. Gift him a gift certificate instead, (of a bookstore, clothing store, golf shop, garden shop, his favorite restaurant or his favorite music store), it will be appreciated.