How to Buy a Gift at the Last Minute
Buying last minute gifts need not be nerve-racking or taxing if certain thumb rules are kept in mind. Even if you have forgotten about a party or your friend's birthday, all is not lost. There are ways and solutions to buying last minute gifts. If you follow certain steps not only will you give the impression that you have spent a lot of time and effort in choosing thoughtful presents but also give something that will be cherished by the receiver. Here are some tried and tested tips on how to make the last minute shopping experience more efficient and less stressful.
A few thumb rules
- First and foremost set aside a budgeted amount of money that you want to spend on the gift item. There is absolutely no need to panic and overspend co compensate for lack of time.
- Keep a list of some specialized shops and stores that sell unique gift items. These stores need not necessarily be expensive and out of your budget. There are many shops that sell unique gifts under $20.
- Go online and check out web sites that suit your budget and ideas. Make sure that they deliver the gift on time.
- Make a note of stores that do specialized gift wrapping or engraving etc. and provide quick service. Many stores stock unique stationery items or interesting gifts, like barbeque tools or photo frames that allow the giver to record a message for the receiver.
- Go through various online sites and check their different items before making a final decision.
Do's and Don'ts
- If you really cannot think of anything worth giving you could consider giving money and remember that gift certificates are generally well accepted.
- Include the receipt in case the recipient needs to return the gift.
- Don't buy clothes unless you are really sure of the size and the taste because most people are very clear and specific about the kind of clothes that they want to wear.