How to make the members of an official Christmas party socialize
To make the members of an official Christmas party socialize is very important if the get-together is to be a success. Generally Christmas office parties are regarded with impending doom. Such parties are also viewed as the maker or breaker of careers. The usual pitfalls of the evil office party can be avoided with the help of these party planning and etiquette tips that hopefully will help everyone survive.
A few handy tips
- First and foremost, it is important to have the party on a date that suits maximum people attending. Then again it is imperative to not have the party on a day when there is another major event planned.
- In case the party is not going to be held at the office premises, decide upon the alternative venue expediently so that everyone can be informed in time.
- If the party is to be held away from office, see that the invites are sent out at least three weeks in advance.
- If everyone, in the party, is not familiar with each other, it is a good idea to have name tags for everyone present. Some icebreaker games should also come in handy.
- Try to speak to every person in the room, if only to wish them happy holidays. Keep in mind that some people don't celebrate Christmas.
- If the party is held in the evening and alcohol is served, make sure that arrangements are made for taxis to take people home. Also ensure that there are plenty of alternative, non-alcoholic beverages available.
- Make sure there is enough help for the party. In case you have professional catering, check to see how much assistance will be required.
Circle the room to keep an eye on people to see if they are having a good time. If you find anyone who you think is feeling at odds, help them be comfortable.
Avoid talking shop with coworkers; mind your language at all times.